Broadcasting is regulated by the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
Home-grown comedies, talk shows and Spanish-language soaps are staple fare on local TV stations. The multichannel offerings of cable TV are widely available.
News and talk and Spanish-language pop music are among the most popular radio formats.
There were 3 million registered internet users by July 2022, 10% more than the total population of the territory (Internetworldstats.com).
- El Nuevo Dia – daily
- Primera Hora – daily
- El Vocero de Puerto Rico – daily
- Telemundo (channel 2) – commercial
- WAPA (channel 4) – commercial
- Univision (channel 11) – commercial
- WIAC 740 – commercial, news and talk
- WBQN – commercial, news and talk
- WPRM ‘Salsoul 99.1’ – commercial, salsa and tropical music
Source : BBC